The Rice community collaborates on a variety of programs, research, events and conferences that may create a need for co-branding with other Rice schools, institutes and programs.
- If co-branding with a campus program or initiative that does not use one of the identity lockups, both brands should be placed side-by-side and follow space and size requirements.
- When two schools are partnering, we recommend placing the logos side-by-side using the minimum space requirements.
- When multiple schools are partnering, guidelines recommend using the main Rice logo and listing the names of schools, etc.
- Do not combine the logos to create a new version.
Clear Space and Minimum Size
All the basic requirements regarding minimum size, clear space and positioning must be followed when the Rice logo will appear with an external logo or trademark. The Rice logo must be surrounded by clear space to ensure its visibility and impact. No type or graphic element of any kind should invade this space.
- The logo must be surrounded with a minimum clear space equal to the height of the owl in the shield.
- The shield must be no smaller than one-half inch in height and/or equal to or greater in height than the largest graphic element of the additional mark or marks.
If possible, position the Rice logo as either the first or last logo in an arrangement of multiple marks so that the university name is in the most visible position.